Competition for UC- University of California schools is international. Many out of state people want to come to the Sunshine state of CA for college. Less and less CA residents are being accepted for these UC slots. Here are the latest stats published for UC schools: This is the admit rate for California Students…Details
Alphabet Soup of FInancial Aid 1)You can’t get financial aid unless you apply, so fill out the FAFSA– Free Application for Federal Student Aid. 2) This FAFSA form will give you your EFC – Expected Family Contribution. This is the amount the federal government determines you and your family are able to pay for the upcoming year…Details
Preparing for the Common Application? The essay prompts are out now…ready to answer these: Some students have a background, identity, interest, or talent that is so meaningful they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story. The lessons we take from obstacles we encounter can…Details
$232,271!! That’s How Much. Read further to see how you can start preparing for your future! According to the College Board’s College Cost Calculator, the average price of one year of private college is $42,224 in today’s dollars. Adjusted for start dates of your typical 5 years to complete a degree (assuming about 5 percent annual increase),…Details
How can you help your child de-stress as they accomplish this critical activity?
- Plan your work – Make sure you have a calendar in hand to map out the application into steps to make the process more achievable and less daunting. Set the date/time for actions, including application deadlines. Schedule all targeted school applications. Identify which schools use the Common App or Coalition App or another application to sort your tasks in related application methods. Identify proofreaders for step 5 and put them on the schedule.
- Build a resume – Key aspects of your resume are readily used on a college application. Consider work experience, projects you completed, papers written, course work accomplished, volunteering, etc.
- Maintain a portfolio – Keep a document or folder on all activities, awards, and recognition you have received, in order to best organize which ones would be best for certain application questions.
- Work your plan – Commit to meeting the milestones of your action plan (1) and reward yourself for keeping on track. Once you’ve completed one application, reward yourself again. The following applications are typically much easier as you have most of the elements repeated.
- Review & Proof – Always check your application for errors/consistency and engage your list of proof readers to ensure a “second set of eyes” has reviewed each of your college applications before submittal
If you need more clarification about these steps – and the “before and after” – At Reliant we can help you…
– Select the best colleges your child should be applying to
– Reduce the student’s overall stress about the college admission process
– With the step-by-step actions for this important process
– Become informed with key tips that increase your potential for acceptanceDetails
Improve your chances of getting a job you love, Find the job that’s the “right fit” for you with our Career Exploration assessment Learn networking skills for building relationships & careers, Get Help preparing your college applications RSVP now to firstname.lastname@example.org Career Networking Class: – Understand the importance of networking & connections – Learn how…Details
Students have the TIME in SUMMER to explore their potential college major. And then look at colleges that have their major. GET Sophomores, Juniors and even Seniors on track to finish earlier by knowing their career direction. RELIANT offers a detailed student assessment on areas of interest, strengths, motivational needs, stress behavior, personality, and work/lifestyle…Details
See the new Fountain Pen Summer Edition 2018 for RELIANT COLLEGE PLANNING SOLUTIONS courses.
Offered as a 4 hours Saturday format OR weeknights. Sign up through City of FV 714- 869-8611
or call RELIANT at 714-988-7283 or email@example.com
RELIANT wishes to congratulate all our amazing men and women who have successfully completed their senior year at local high school from Fountain Valley, Edison, Hunting Beach HS, Mater Dei, Servite, Marina, Brethren Christian, and others. It has been great to work with you and we know you are on your way to success!
Get READY for College Applications with our summer course on “College Applications”, “Career Networking” or “Career Assessments” to know the best major for you!
See our Flyer. Reliant Summer Workshop Flyer Call now to reserve your spot!